Boat owners like to keep their boats clean and attractive. But they do not have time for those works. Boat cleaning services provide cleaning and detailing services for boats. There is a huge demand for boat cleaning services because of this. You also can start a boat cleaning service and get a huge profit. This article contains details on how to guide for
The normal procedure of boat cleaning is the cleaning team visits the site and does the work. If the boat requires large retrofitting, then the boat will be carried to a yard.
Many cost items occur when starting the boat cleaning service. You have to buy cleaning tools and cleaning materials. But these items do not cost a lot.
- Glass cleaner
- Transport vehicle
The company has to hire employees for the job. Cleaning does not require high skills. You can pay the market rates for un skill laborers.
Target market and opportunities
Before starting the business, you have to identify the target market, threats, and opportunities. Your target market can be boat owners and users. I recommended you arrange the details of the market under the following categories.
- Income level – Different boat owners have different income levels. If the owner has a low-income level, he may go for budget packages. If the owner has a high-income level, you can clean the boat and supply additional items too.
- Geographic location – Geographic locations are also important. You are doing a business. Every time you have to consider the money. If you have to make a high transport cost to do a job, then it is useless. If you have a good geographic location tracking system, you can cover two or three jobs in one trip.
- Career – The career of the owner is also important. If the owner is a professional person, you have to deal more professionally, but if the owner is a businessman, you have to deal in that way.
- Hobbies – Some boat owners clean their boats frequently as a hobby. But some owner cleans their boat when they want to sell it. If you know the hobbies of the owner, you can respond to the different manner. If you build trust with the first person, you may get orders frequently.
Opportunities and Threats
You may face favorable and unfavorable conditions when you run the business. Have to implement the strategies to grab the opportunities and reduce the impact on threats.
Natural disasters like tornados damage the boats and have to clean. The government’s decision to uplift the fishing industry, introducing tourist boats and internal boat services are opportunities.
You are not the only person who does boat cleaning services. There are competitors. Customers come to you because of a special reason. If you offer the same thing, it is hard to sustain the business and generate profits. Before start, the business, study the competitors. You can collect information under the below categories.
- Packages – Collect details of the packages offered by the competitors. They also have decided on the packages based on market research. You can further develop the packages to get the advantages of the opportunities.
- Price ranges – If you are not a branded company, you have to maintain the average price. I think it is better to maintain a price bit below average when you enter the industry.
- Equipment – Some companies use modern equipment for their works. To get external jobs, you have to maintain the same level. It means that you have to purchase that equipment at the beginning.
- Marketing strategy – Different marketing strategies are used by companies. Some of them are social media, television, company agreements, and shops near the harbors.
Now you have details on customers, threats, opportunities, and competitors. Now prepare your marketing plan.
First, create a unique name for your company. You also can create social media accounts and a website.
Create different price and option packages for identified segments. Share them through social media. You also can have an email marketing campaign targeting the boat owners.
Open a physical shop near harbors. Offer discounts for the customers. You also can create subscription plans. One can pay some amount of money at once and have three or four cleanings during the year.
Discounts can be given to regular customers. Supplying interior and other boat equipment is also a good business. While you are doing the cleaning job, you can replace the expired items.